The Vessel Safety Check Program is an effective, proactive, preventative safety program unique to the recreational boating community. It insures that key marine safety equipment is present, is within prescribed functional limits, and is compliant with Federal, State, and local regulations.
It provides the examiner an opportunity to discuss with the recreational boater:
• the purpose of the marine safety equipment
• clarification of various Federal, State, and local regulations
• specific safety procedures and practices
• answers to any boating related questions
• and to encourage additional boater education
Email Administrative Officer Teddy Gosinski for more information or to make an appointment to have your boat and safety equipment inspected by one of our trained examiners. Please furnish your contact information. The inspection is FREE and there is no obligation on the owner's part to comply with any resulting recommendations. Also, no report will be made to USCG if the boat fails to pass.
For information on how to prepare for a Vessel Examination see "Getting Ready For a VSC."
Ann Einboden, AP
Jennifer Wilenken, P
Dan Watson, S
Mike Clark, JN-IN